Business Development Manager APPLY NOW
An exciting opportunity has come available for two aspiring and innovative Business Development Managers to join our sensational journey within our Brand and Content Partnership Teams.
Co-owned by David Beckham and launched on the London Stock Exchange in October 2020, Guild Esports is the world's new, global esports organisation. Celebrating and harnessing the diverse and tribal loyalty of sports enthusiasts worldwide, Guild sits at the centre of competitive gaming, entertainment, and lifestyle - and is here to create a new level of excellence in gaming. With a globally unique business model and the world's first fully holistic esports academy - Guild aim to be the world's biggest esports org by 2023!
Here at Guild, we pride ourselves on having a best-in-class esports team and operations by having a unique, UK-based talent pipeline for esports athletes based on the traditional sports academy. There’s more! We are not just an esports team, we’re enhancing our brand by branching out to design and supply the market with our own lifestyle clothing brand.
Could it be you?
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who is not only driven and ambitious but also creative, thinking outside the box to maximise and grow partner revenues year on year. You will work closely with the Commercial Director to lead on commercial strategy, and actively seeking out and developing relationships with potential partners in alignment with Guild’s values and ethos.
Qualifications and Experience required
- First of all, we’d like you to be yourself, honest and hardworking
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- This is not an entry level role and we’re looking for someone with at least 3 years’ experience with evidence of carrying out responsibilities similar or beyond the responsibilities listed below
- Have confidence and a professional manner
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to clearly present information
- Having experience working in the Sporting Industry would be a bonus not essential
Let’s have a look at what your key responsibilities will be.
- Support the development, implementation and management of a comprehensive revenue generating partnership strategy
- Develop sales leads through extensive research and analysis to build a pipeline of potential brand partners
- Tailor bespoke partnership/sponsorship proposals to the needs of each brand
- Develop high level sales presentations and business development materials to effectively present the partnership opportunity to key decision makers at potential commercial partners
- Implement best practice sales processes and ongoing management from initial point of contact through to closure and beyond
- Create a culture that ensures Guild’s partners are aware of cross-partner collaboration opportunities Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all internal stakeholders to ensure partners are successfully integrated across the business
- Develop expertise on relevant partners, their industries and competitors within their category in order to sell partnerships to new clients, as well as up-selling to existing partners
- Lead meetings with internal stakeholders, partners, their agencies and other external parties
- Identification of relevant industry news & insights and communication of them to the department
Have you got what it takes? Come and join us and be part of the #GuildGang